Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Scambled Omlet

1/2 C frozen sliced peppers
1/3 C hash-browns (I use southern style)
1/3 C fresh sliced mushrooms
one Jimmy Dean precooked turkey sausage link sliced

(I will usually pre package the above items and freeze them so that I have them on hand. It makes life in the mornings much easier.)

I fry the above items until tender.
meanwhile in a small bowl i separate eggs yokes and whites (toss the yokes). add 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Original seasoning or just pepper. I've even heard a little hot sauce might be good.
move the veggies to the side or onto a plate and add eggs. let them set a bit then scramble them. combine with veggies.
serve with sliced orange, cup of skim milk, and 1/2 whole wheat english muffin.
Serves one person total calories for the meal is 353. A good start for the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment